Abu Dhabi, UAE March 2014: His Highness Sheikh Saif bin Saeed bin Saif Al Nahyan will lead sixteen of the capital’s leading organisations in the kick-off of the seventh annual Play for Life football tournament organised by Imperial College London Diabetes Centre (ICLDC), on Sunday March 23.
More than three hundred players will join Sheikh Saif in a pre-tournament walk around the stadium in a collaborative pledge to endorse the attributes of healthy lifestyle. The teams are set to Play for Life from March 23-27 at Zayed Sports City’s Main Stadium and compete in seven-a-side matches, with the final slated for the evening of March 27.
Under the patronage of Her Highness Sheikha Fatima bint Mubarak, Play for Life is part of ICLDC’s public health awareness campaign, ‘Diabetes-Knowledge-Action’, encouraging the embrace of a balanced diet and regular exercise as the smart and simple way of achieving a healthy lifestyle.
Play for Life - Football 2014 Schedule:
- Nightly, from 7pm, March 23-27 2014 at Zayed Sports City.
- 16 teams will be divided into four groups of four to compete in
- seven-a-side matches, each of 30 minutes duration.
- The match schedule is managed in a round-robin format.
- The final will be played on March 27, with the awarding of:
- Football 2014 Tournament Trophy
- Best Goalkeeper
- Top Goal Scorer